Tune Up Your AC and Save Electricity
Air Conditioning Tamarac is the best ac repair service around. We at Air Conditioning Tamarac want to help you save some coin and keep your ac in tip top shape. Just like any mechanical system, your AC also requires routine maintenance to pay dividends in the longer run. If not maintained, your AC will be among those appliances that consume a lot of electricity. If your AC is doing so, it’s time to get it repaired. Here are a few tips to tune up your AC:
Why Tuning Up your AC?
You invest a lot of money in your cooling solution. To keep it in order, you need to keep it tuned from time to time. In fact, tuning up is as important for your AC as it is for your car. It provides many benefits including:
- Efficient cooling
- Reduction in electricity bills
- Lasting performance
- Excellent ventilation throughout your home
Moreover, tuning your AC is also important for increasing home comfort. To help your AC perform properly, keep it tuned and maintained from time to time.
Though you can do general cleaning and tune ups at home, it comes nowhere near to what a professional AC repair service provides. For instance, your repair and maintenance service will cater for the following things:
- Opening up the AC
- Inspect cooling vents and filter
- Check the pressure and level of coolant
- Inspect and calibrate thermostat and see if it is working properly
- Check the temperature and cycle of thermostat if required s
- Inspect wirings, harnesses, capacitors, relays if needed be
- Inspect the circuitry and power cord and replace it if needed
- Check the evaporator and clean it if required
- Clean the condensate drain if dirty
- Give a proper cleaning to the condenser
- Check if the outdoor disconnect is in order
- Check fan motor, belt and blades
- Check the compressor and amps
- Check the unit for final efficiency check before it completing the job
When the process is completed, your AC repair service will give you a final checklist followed by recommendations on how to operate it. The list will also include recommendations (if any) or removing/ replacing faulty parts in your AC unit. Doing so will ensure optimal performance and remove any concerns you have about your unit.
Just a casual look on it will make you realize the importance of AC tune up process. It also reveals just how difficult it is to maintain and tune up an AC unit for a common person. Once properly tuned and running, your AC will surely save you a lot of money on your electricity bill.